Our Shoeboxes Ministry is the most popular annual event!
Each November, hundreds of our CARHA supporters, sponsors and friends fill shoeboxes with school supplies, small gifts and more to send to CARHA orphanages, school students and young people who attend our churches. and more children are and with each shipment, not only are we able to give a shoebox to every each child in our organization a shoebox and, because of the generosity of our donors, we've been able to share shoeboxes with hundreds of children in surrounding neighborhoods and villages. These shoeboxes are not only a blessing to the children who receive them, but also their families—many of whom have never before received a gift.
We give God all the praise and are so thankful to supporters who pour into this ministry every year!
What's in a shoebox?
- Toys – small cars, balls, dolls, jump ropes, picture books, etc.
- School Supplies – pens, pencils & sharpeners, crayons, markers, loose paper or spiral notebooks or writing tablets for K-1st gr, solar calculators.
- Hygiene – toothbrush, toothpaste, bar soap (put into a plastic bag), comb, deodorant.
- Other – hard candy, lollipops, mints, gum, peanut butter crackers, granola bars, t-shirts, socks, underwear, hair clips & ribbon, flashlights with batteries.
- Additional ideas especially for oldest children – (leave any sharp objects inside safety packaging) fishing hooks and line, small hand tools (metric or English), small sewing scissors, needles, thread, pins, yard of fabric (no violent or questionable graphics)
To find more details about our shoebox ministry, how you or your church can start a collection or drive, please contact our shoebox team lead Peggy at Peggy Quick email@example.com today!
Like in John 6, when Jesus fed five thousand with the humble offering of five loaves and two fish, we know that He can do so much more with our sacrifice, service or giving.
The children of CARHA and Haiti are so blessed by your yes!
How to participate:
- Select the age and gender category for the child/children you would like to pack a Christmas shoebox for: