The Shoeboxes Ministry is our most popular annual event! Each November hundreds of CARHA friends fill shoeboxes to send to CARHA students, orphans, & church children. Because of donors generosity we are also able to share shoeboxes with hundreds of children in local neighborhoods and villages.
What's in a shoebox?
- Toys – small cars, balls, dolls, jump ropes, picture books, etc.
- School Supplies – pens, pencils & sharpeners, crayons, markers, loose paper or spiral notebooks or writing tablets for K-1st gr, solar calculators.
- Hygiene – toothbrush, toothpaste, bar soap (put into a plastic bag), comb, deodorant.
- Other – hard candy, lollipops, mints, gum, peanut butter crackers, granola bars, t-shirts, socks, underwear, hair clips & ribbon, flashlights with batteries.
- Additional ideas especially for oldest children – (leave any sharp objects inside safety packaging) fishing hooks and line, small hand tools (metric or English), small sewing scissors, needles, thread, pins, yard of fabric (no violent or questionable graphics)